Monday, June 13, 2011

Yearly Gains & Loses

I have been commuting by bike for a little over a year now, so I thought I would post a few numbers.
I pointed my internet-browsing-machine towards http://www.bikecommuters.com/gas-saving-calculator/
and entered my information. I am glad somebody else did the work so I don't have to break out my abacus.

My daily gas savings is $0.81 dollars and lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
My weekly gas savings is $3.25 dollars and 16.50 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
My monthly gas savings is $13.00 dollars and 66.00 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere
My yearly gas savings is $169.00 dollars and 858.00 lbs of CO2 will NOT be added to the atmosphere

That's the facts I guess. The fat I have lost is about 20 pounds or 0.384615385 pounds a week.
This would be a lot more if I controlled my eating habits, but I haven't and I have eaten everything I want.

No comments: